Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Laundry Day

I am in a constant state of moving. Me and Liza have always joked we lived in nomadic existence, moving in and out of the dorm, sorority house, apartment here, apartment there, and so on. Even though I'm not the one technically moving this time, everyone around me is, which always leads to nostalgia and teary moments in empty rooms.

I have been immensely blessed in my life. I have been surrounded by a great family, amazing friends and have been lucky enough to find those friends that become your family. LSU was a scary place to go alone, but I walked into the right elevator and sat by the right friend in Biology class. And from then on, I was introduced to the most wonderful people. I have girlfriends that are there for the girls nights, and there for the girl talks. I have guy friends who pick me up when they hug me and are my saving grace when I have to pick up heavy things.

I have a very hunky and loving boyfriend, who teaches me how to be happier and happier everyday. And I have an amazing family, who as I grow older, I realize are now not only family, but friends.

This is a crazy world we live in, so I hope everyone has the anchor to hold you down to this spinning rock of a world we live in, just like I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This spinning rock stands still when you write like this and touch my heart like this. You're an amazing woman, Steph. All my love, Daddy.