Friday, January 30, 2009

Phenomenon, Schmphenomenon

This started as a Facebook phenomenon, but I thought it would fit nicely here.

25 Random Thing About Me

1. I only like to write with black ink.

2. I have to eat at least three cookies at a time. Not two, not four. Three.

3. I have a wonderful family and I'm proud to be an Ortego, and will be equally as proud to be a Roussell (eek!).

4. I used to drink leftover Italian dressing from salads directly out of the bowl.

5. I secretly want to be a Broadway actor/dancer/singer, but lack serious ability in all three.

6. I HATE traffic and turn into a monster when I feel trapped in traffic.

7. I've been a Christian since I was 7, and have never questioned my faith. It has made me into who I am today.

8. I can't eat leaning over, I have to eat sitting up straight and very close to the table.

9. I have tiny toenails.

10. I love wearing my James Avery cross ring on my left ring finger because of all that it signifies: my grandparents, my purity and my faith.

11. Even though I adore my girlfriends now, I'm very nostalgic, and miss my high school girlfriends, and wish we would have stayed closer - great things are happening to them and I want to share those memories.

12. I am a pack rat, and save everything from candy wrappers to coke bottles. I have a phobia of throwing things away that I might could use later (for example, I never throw pickle or olive jars away, they could be used for craft projects!) - I have an entire cabinet full of these bottles.

13. I admit it, I have washed Ziploc bags and flattened out used aluminum foil to reuse them. Just call me Myra.

14. I talk to my dog Sadie, like she could actually answer me back. I know she understands me.

15. Reality shows are my addiction. Especially Rock of Love.

16. I try and have a quiet time everyday to pray and read, it is also the time where I write the most.

17. I feel more powerful when I wear heels.

18. It annoys me when people correct me. I'm stubborn.

19. I love that I went to a co-ed, public school. It taught me more than book smarts, it taught me how to stand up for myself and take criticism graciously.

20. I've gained a little weight since high school and it affects me more than I thought.

21. I planted corn once with my grandpa. I also used to play Battleship with my other grandfather. These two memories are some of my favorite.

22. I never got interested in MySpace.

23. I love Jason because of how we've grown up together, but I love him more for the man he is turning in to. He makes me laugh and watching him grow in Christ has been an honor.

24. My brain is like a ticker tape of thoughts - constant, unrelenting and sometimes obnoxious. I wish I could turn it off sometimes.

25. I miss my old cat Clarence. I secretly think I killed him because I took a picture of him close up, and I think the flash blinded him, and he ran away. I also miss my parakeet Skye - he used to dance to NSYNC with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too... too... precious! It made me actually laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

PS... You did NOT kill Clarence!