Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And The Waves Crash

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

I'm sitting here trying to find the right words to make sense of the last week and half, but words seem to fall short of the right expression. It's more of a giddy dance, combined with a huge sigh of relief, combined with a thousand "oh my gods" and "reallys!?" that could then be strung into a coherent sentence.

ENGAGED! I'm engaged! It actually happened. The one and only asked me to be his wife, and I said YES. YES. and YES!

A new adventure. A new journey to embark on. One that is not without its anxiety or wonderment of the event, but a past and future journey that is filled with love, honesty and laughter. He was right when he said it would be worth the wait. I don't think I have been able to truly sit down and process it. To think through what happened and really believe it. But, I know in my heart that my life will be a new adventure everyday.

Ito,

No matter what you say or what you worry about, you have been an amazing friend, boyfriend and will forever be a wonderful husband. Usted serĂ¡ un marido maravilloso.



2 comments:

Jason Roussell said...

I am glad to see that you are writing again. I love you very much mi amor!!

Kat said...

Congratulations!!! The next several months will be a wonderful blur... Enjoy it and take as much as you can in!