Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Choose Joy


"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer."

-- Psalms 19:14

Lots of things on my heart. Happy things, sad things, exciting things, anxious things. Things that I didn't think I could bear to speak out loud, and others I could shout from the rooftops. Lots of big things.

But the greatest "Thing" about all these "things" is that God already knows my heart, and if I can't find the words to say them out loud, I can quietly hand them to God -- and he takes them into His own hands. He knows my past, present and future - and all that aches me or excites me, He will be there to guide me through the courageous utterances of my mouth and the quiet, unspoken meditations of my heart.