Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beyond It All


The title of my post actually means something this time. I'm beyond it all.

I'm beyond worrying.
I'm beyond asking.
I'm beyond questioning.
I'm beyond second-guessing.
I'm beyond. it. all.
Lately it seems that my favorite word is "crappy." Work is crappy. My attitude is crappy. My sleep is crappy. And my speech is even crappier. It's been a lot of treading water around these parts, and fighting against things that are so much larger than me, I feel like a minature version of David, against a much bigger version of Goliath.

I come home defeated because I feel as if I fought all day for things I treasured, or believed in, or was proud of, only to have them given freely to someone else on a platter. Work is difficult. I'm constantly on edge and constantly on fire. But the funny part is -- for what? What am I fighting for? It certainly isn't anything that important, and certainly isn't what I should be wasting my energy on. It's just work. And it's not work that is giving me anymore in return than I put in it.

It's been a struggle. But I'm starting to see the fire die down, and the breeze is blowing the ashes in a new direction. Jason and I have been praying for this for a while now and I see it changing. I see God moving in this. I see myself changing. I see my hope renewed that all of this is for a reason, and I'm not there in vain.

So I'll listen to that small voice who is saying "Be still. Stop fighting. Just let it be. I'm here." And breathe in a new day tomorrow, beyond it all.

‎"Do not be afraid. Stand firm ... The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still..." Exodus 14:13a, 14

No comments: