Thursday, April 21, 2011

Next Time I'll Be Braver

So...we've done it. We've officially made our first move as a married couple. We decided, after a alot of discussion and searching that moving to a new place was the best thing for us. It happened fast and furious, but we learned a lot through it all...


  • I learned that no matter how hard I try to change things, my husband is usually right (bleh). His calmness and zen-like approach to life got us through a very stressful move and made all the rockiness and upheaval seem like an adventure.

  • Jason learned that I do not like to leave empty houses. I cried on almost every one of our 8 trips in the Uhaul back and forth because I was sad, because I was happy, because I was hot, because I was hungry...on and on. And I cried the most when the house was empty and we said goodbye to our first home. It was just so....empty.

  • I learned that sacrifice most often leads to new opportunities.

  • Jason learned that his wife is a hoarder in disguise.

  • I learned that my husband has a serious connection with his high school gym shorts, and even though they are covered in paint stains, ripped and would be best suited for a dish rag, there they remain, in one of our few drawers, right next to his socks...and I think there they will remain forever.

And we both learned that even in a first year of marriage, filled with many "firsts": first holidays, first hospital stays, first stitches, first quiche explosions, first moves, etc., that our first year was the best year yet! Here's to many more....years together, not house moves :)

No comments: