Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rest Your Head

A rant for today:

I am capable.
I am busy.
I am helpful.
I am patient.
I am willing.
I am able.
I am confident.
I am experienced.
I am knowledgeable.
I am honest.

I am not the deadbeat loser on the other end of the phone who doesn't know what she's talking about, I am also not the person to bother today due to your lacking ability to do your own job. I will not be the kid bullied into deadlines and approvals that are not ready. I am also not the punching bag for those who can't do their own jobs and wait until the last minute to request a project that could not, and will not be completed to save your sorry butt. I will not answer anymore phone calls from people who are demeaning, degrading and condescending, nor will I will be the nice guy (or girl!) when someone blames me for missing invoices and accounting errors that I did not commit.

I will do things on the my pace. I will get things done when I get them done. I will be here all day to help. But I will play Spider Solitaire when you annoy and rush me. I do not answer questions about projects that don't pertain to me, and I will not do something to bend the rules for you because you didn't prepare. But I will send you to voicemail and refuse to call you back. And I will be sure and memorize your number so that no one ever picks up your phone call again.

Happy now?

No comments: