Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Like Diamonds on the Floor

Why am I so bothered this morning? Who dares to cross my path at work when all I am trying to do is gently, quietly get through the day without actually having to do real work? Why am I so tuned into the small pitter patter of keyboard keys across from me? They sound like a symphony of jackhammers. Not to mention the hurricane wind-sound of the air conditioning or sniffing from across the hall that makes me want to throw my stapler through a window.

So silly of me. So silly of me to have one ounce of bad moodiness in me today. Sometimes it feels when I walk in my office, that my ears instantly become supernatural and all those little things that normally wouldn't be a bother continually grate at me all day.

Who cares if the water fountain drips and sounds like Niagra Falls? I do!
Who cares if the chewing and swallowing of an office mate sounds like a garbage disposal? I do!
And this all happens before anyone even opens their mouth to dare and utter a word...



No comments: