Monday, August 17, 2009

On The Dancefloor, Whoa

Monday morning again. Sunday night is gone. But it was a special Sunday night.

A Sunday night that held a quiet drive home through windy Highland Road and a heavy moment that hung in the air so delicately it made me catch my breath. It's funny how much a single statement can hold so much hope, so much promise.

"Very exciting things to happen soon and always."

Those might not be the exact words he said, but the moment was poignant enough that my ears filled with my heart in my throat. He wants to go on an adventure! And I will be his partner in that adventure.

Maybe I was excited about the "soon," or maybe "the always" part. Or maybe it was the way he gently tigthened his grip on my hand, that made me fall in love all over again. Always. With you always. With you now, and with you then. A promise made quietly and gently. In the words of a sleepy boy, to a very, very excited girl.

“They both still have their lives apart as well as a life together. They both still have their separate ways to find. But a marriage made in heaven is one where a man and a woman become more richly themselves together than the chances are either of them could ever have managed to become alone.” -- the ABCs of Faith, Beyond Words

No comments: