Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When Everything Is Temporary



I am a pack rat. I cleaned my closet this weekend and my bathroom cabinet, and the stuff I find, it's incredible. I found a sweater that I wore for my high school senior pictures, that I can't bear to let go. That was 7 years ago. Who keeps a sweater for 7 years, just because it is a nice reminder? Other highlights include:

- shoes from jr. high
- a rusted scarf
- multiple single earrings with no partner to match
- 8,000 safety pins and buttons (which I admit I did not throw away)
- 10,000 cleaners tags
- NSYNC poster
- And 4 bags of clothes that don't fit anymore - on their way to Goodwill

It was a cleansing experience. But, only scratching the surface of my spring cleaning. Much more to come. And many more memories to save!

3 comments:

Liza said...

How does a scarf rust?

And do I want any of your give away clothes? :)

Anonymous said...

I love you my little pack rat.

Anonymous said...

I just learned how to leave comments. So if you ever see anonymous that is probably me...Jason but make sure you ask me just in case it is a weird comment.