Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Face in the Crowd

Stephanie's Top 5 Weekend Moments:

5. Sushi!
4. New shoes!
3. Greek Festival!
2. Iron Man! (hello! Robert Downey, Jr.!)
1. Memorial Day!

Overall the weekend was great. I was reponsible on Friday and worked as hard as I could to not get so far behind with Monday being a holiday. And then Jason and I went to get new shoes and I finally bought some new brown and black heels - very va va voom!

Saturday, we went into New Orleans for a graduation party and played in the pool, which I had not done in a while, it was nice to have fun again. Then we went to Bourbon and I was thoroughly disgusted the entire night.

I don't feel as though I am an elitist or a feminist, but some of the things I saw women doing made me want to be a sister suffragette all over again. I'm all for feeling sexy and powerful and having a great time with your girlfriends - but there is a difference between feeling strong and sexy and being perverted and class-less.

Greek Festival on Sunday - I had the best lamb gyro I have ever had - even in Greece. So good I had two! But I began to realize that summer is back and so brings with it the endless days of heat and afternoon showers. But no more afternoon naps during those rainy days - no I'll be at work, all day, every day.

Iron Man was fantastic! I had never been truly interested in the superhero movies or Robert Downey, Jr. - but man! I really enjoyed it.

No comments: