Wednesday, June 18, 2008

As We Know It

I have fear. Lots of it. Fear of the future, fear of the end of the world, fear of losing everything. Everyday, as the world seems to spin faster and faster and the catstrophes grow closer and closer together, it's hard not to find it all overwhelming. I feel as though this world is drowning in bad things. Caused by nature, caused by people, caused by whatever - it all comes together to a very scary apex.

So I forced myself to Google some of these conspiracy theories about supposed upcoming apocolyptic days, years, events and my anxiety started to rise and my face started to flush as I came face to face with one of my biggest fears. And there are plenty Google entries out there to satisfy even the biggest conspiracy (or not so conspiracy) buff.

I didn't look through much, because I know myself and I know that I would dwell constantly on the details, but I skimmed over a few things just to force myself to do it.

What I felt first was major anxiety, but then peace. God basically told me "This is not of Me." And my heart felt a lot lighter than it has recently. All these theories are not of Christ and that should be my first and only reason to not fear them. Even though I probably won't be Googling them anymore, I know to test everything against Christ and if it doesn't measure up, then it's not for me to worry about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How you gonna catch a husband with a fridge like that?