Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Strong Enough

"One key to courtesy is to understand where people are coming from. Discover their history. When you know what they've been through, you will be more understanding. Instead of thinking about how far they still have to go, think about how far they have come in spite of their hurts."

--Rick Warren

This quote is pretty hard to live by. I am very quick to judge someone by what they fail to do. Not by how great they have been or can be, but where they fall short. It makes me a very conditional person, and I'm really trying to let things be as they are. No over-analyzing or over-thinking to the point where I dull the very sparkle that attracted me that person in the first place.

I want to say I LOVE YOU and it mean something more than "well, you haven't screwed it up yet."

In other news: 15 days til vacation!

No comments: